Zola is a consumer technology startup based in New York City that launched successfully in October of 2013.
Founded by many of the early team members from Gilt Groupe, we are focused on creating a new kind of e-commerce experience that addresses a huge market.
Our mission? To re-invent the Wedding Registry for the modern couple.
Our team brings deep experience from working on beautiful, award-winning consumer ecommerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Twitter, J.Crew, Yahoo, Google and Amazon.
Zola is looking for a Director of Operations to manage the Supply Chain and Logistics areas of our business. We are looking for candidates that can help us realize our potential in supply chain and logistics by driving process and systems analysis and supporting (or leading!) the implementation of new solutions. You'll spend your time managing awesome teams, quantifying opportunities, analyzing and (re)designing processes, creating strategies to enhance systems to support our business and our vendors in the growth of our business, and developing tracking tools to measure initiative effectiveness.
The Director of Operations will bring extensive experience and working knowledge of supply chain processes, preferably in CPG and direct-to-consumer, with experience in owning supply chain initiatives. This Director will be responsible for leading operational efficiency strategies to maximize customer and vendor experience, Vendor performance, as well as end-to-end business ownership of all supply chain and logistics processes and cost analysis. They'll report to the SVP of Operations.
What you’ll do:
Desired Skills and Experience
· Equipped with a bachelor’s degree. MBA would be a bonus
· 4-8 years of hands-on supply chain project analysis or operations experience
· Experienced in supply chain processes—from sourcing to transportation to DC processes to delivery to customers and returns processing
· Strong multi-tasker who proudly obsesses over details
· A proactive, resourceful self-manager
· A positive person with a can-do attitude and sky-high EQ
· Proficiency with Excel and SQL
· Experience in building and developing a high performance team